Buying and selling goods in the Fjord Sales e-store https://www.fjordsales.lt rules
The rules were last updated on 01.03.2022.
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- These Fjord Sales electronic stores (e-stores) located fjordsales.lt, the rules, hereinafter the Rules, is an integral part of the remote contract concluded by the parties Buyer and Seller on the basis of the order placed by the Buyer in the online store Fjord Sales.lt.
- Fjord Sales or Fjord Sales e-shop – it's an e-shop fjordsales.lt, which the Buyer uses to place an orders and whose owner is UAB Fjord Sales, legal entity code 300043773, registered address Žvelsos st. 2-1, LT-93235 Klaipėda, in the course of its economic activity, offers and sells goods to the Buyer in accordance with the Rules.s.
- Pickup in store – this is the collection of an order placed in the Fjord Sales e-shop in the store or at the pick-up point specified in the order and/or in the section of the Fjord Sales e-shop website „Delivery of goods“.
- Seller – UAB Fjord Sales, legal entity code 300043773, registered address Žvelsos st. 2-1, LT-93235 Klaipėda.a.
- Buyer– a person who buys in the Fjord Sales e-store or uses other services of the Fjord Sales e-store. Only fully able-bodied natural persons have the right to buy in the Fjord Sales e-store, i.e. i.e. persons who have reached the age of majority, whose capacity is not limited by court order, and legal entities acting through authorized representatives who have registered in the Fjord Sales e-store in accordance with the rules. By registering or placing an order, the Buyer unconditionally confirms that he has the right to buy in the Fjord Sales e-store.
- Delivery– is the delivery of goods ordered by the Buyer to the address specified in the Buyer's order, which falls within the designated delivery zone in the areas specified in the section of the Fjord Sales e-shop website „Delivery of goods“.
- A remote purchase and sale contract (hereinafter referred to as a remote contract or a purchase and sale contract) is considered concluded when the Buyer forms an order for goods from the offers presented by the Seller in the Fjord Sales e-store, chooses a payment method, specifies the delivery address, provides the necessary data of the Buyer, including, but not limited to, confirmation of Age of the Buyer or other characteristics of the Buyer, when this is provided by the legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania (for example, that certain goods can only be purchased by persons with such right (e.g. alcoholic beverages)) and the Buyer confirms the order. The contract is valid until the execution of the contract or its termination in accordance with the procedure established by the Rules or legal normative acts. Violation of the rules may be considered grounds for terminating the contract.
- The rules are a document binding on the parties, which determine the rights and obligations of the Buyer and the Seller, the terms of purchase and payment for goods, the procedure for the delivery and return of goods, the responsibilities of the parties and other provisions related to the purchase and sale of goods in the electronic store..
- The seller has the right to change or supplement the Rules at any time, or to present the Rules in a new version, or to cancel the Rules. Registered Buyers will be informed of any changes, corrections or additions to the Rules when logging in on the Fjord Sales page and will have the option to approve or disapprove the Rules (in case of disapproval, the Buyer is not allowed to place an order). The change of the Rules is valid only in relation to those ordered goods that were ordered after the change of the Rules..
- This version of the Rules is valid from 2022. January 20 and it supersedes all previous versions of the rules that were valid for orders in the FJORD SALES e-store.
- In the FJORD SALES e-store, orders are made only in the areas specified in the section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „Delivery of goods“.
- By placing an order, the Buyer confirms that he has familiarized himself with the Rules, understood them and agrees with them (consent is expressed by ticking the box next to the statement „I have read and agree to FJORD SALES rules“). Until the Buyer is familiar with the Rules and has not agreed with them, the Buyer is not allowed to place orders in the online store Fjord Sales.lt.
- The Seller sends all notifications to the Buyer to the e-mail address provided in the Buyer's registration or order form. The buyer sends all messages and questions in the section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „CONTACTS“ specified means of communication.
- FJORD SALES has the right to limit the Buyer's use of the FJORD SALES e-store services or cancel the Buyer's registration in the period prior to the conclusion of the purchase and sale agreement, without notice, if the Buyer uses the FJORD SALES e-store in violation of these Rules, tries to harm the FJORD SALES e-store or orders executed by FJORD SALES , work stability and/or safety. A specific measure is chosen by FJORD SALES at its own discretion, based on the principle of proportionality..
- In the event of force majeure, FJORD SALES has the right to suspend the execution of the contract until the force majeure has disappeared by notifying the Buyer of the suspension of order execution. If the subsequent performance of the contract is no longer relevant for the Buyer, then the Buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract by notifying FJORD SALES. In the event that FJORD SALES suspends operations, but is able to fulfil confirmed orders, all rights and obligations provided for in these rules or applicable legal acts related to already fulfilled or ongoing orders remain valid.
- The seller can temporarily suspend or completely terminate the operation of the FJORD SALES e-store by announcing this publicly in the FJORD SALES e-store. Orders submitted before the FJORD SALES e-store is suspended/discontinued are completed in accordance with these Rules.
II. BUYER REGISTRATION AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The buyer can use the services of the FJORD SALES e-store and place his order as:
- Registered buyer . In this case, the Buyer must create a Buyer account in the FJORD SALES e-store using e-mail. email, mobile phone number and password. If the Buyer chooses to have the order delivered to a specific address, this address must be saved in the Buyer's account for future orders. In order to create a Buyer's account, it is necessary to provide additional information, for example, name, contact details, and mark the communication settings. The authorized representative of the legal entity provides the name of the legal entity instead of the first and last name. The buyer can also log in through a social network Facebook account. In this case, the Buyer's name, photograph and e-mail address are transferred to the Seller; or
- a guest (a buyer without an account; however, only registered buyers can use the FJORD SALES loyalty program and ongoing promotions). In this case, before placing the order, the Buyer must provide the following information: name, surname, e-mail postal address, mobile phone number and address, if the Buyer chooses delivery to the specified address. If the Buyer chooses collection in the store, it is not necessary to specify the address.
- The buyer is responsible for providing accurate and correct and complete information. After registration, all responsibility for ensuring that the Buyer's password is not disclosed to third parties rests with the Buyer. If the data provided in the Buyer's registration form changes, he must update it immediately. In no case will the Seller be liable for damage caused to the Buyer and/or third parties due to the Buyer specifying incorrect and/or incomplete personal data or failing to change or supplement the data after they have changed. All actions performed using the Buyer's account are the responsibility of the Buyer. If the Buyer's account is used by another person, FJORD SALES will consider it to be used by the Buyer, unless the use of the Buyer's account has been made available to a third party by the Seller. After losing the login data to the Buyer's account, the Buyer must notify FJORD SALES by calling FJORD SALES in the section of the website of the e-store „CONTACTS“ on the specified phone number or by sending a message to the e-mail specified in the same contact section. postal address.
- By choosing the communication settings, the Buyer chooses whether he wishes to receive messages and useful offers for the Buyer from FJORD SALES. The buyer can choose the communication channels through which FJORD SALES will send him messages or offers. In the event that the Buyer chooses to receive messages and offers, it means that the Buyer agrees to FJORD SALES sending him messages and offers through the communication channels chosen by the Buyer.
- If the Buyer no longer wishes to receive messages and offers, he can change the notification settings in his Buyer account.
- Notifications regarding order fulfilment and account registration (for example, order confirmation, account registration confirmation, invoice, order cancellation) will be sent to the Buyer even if the Buyer chose not to receive notifications in the account settings, as the mentioned notifications are necessary in order to fulfil orders and notify the Buyer about the status of the order.
- The buyer has the right to freely change, supplement or cancel his registration data at any time.
III. BUYER'S RIGHTS
- The buyer has the right to purchase goods in the FJORD SALES e-store under the conditions set by these Rules and under the conditions of sale applied in the FJORD SALES e-store at the time of the specific purchase.
- Buyer user ((in accordance with Article 6.2281, Part 2 of the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania, a consumer is a natural person seeking to enter into or entering into contracts for purposes unrelated to his business, trade, craft or profession (use purposes)s), has the right to withdraw from the distance contract within fourteen days, without giving a reason and without incurring costs other than the direct costs of returning the goods, with the exception of the exceptions provided for in Clause 23 of the Rules.
- The buyer's user's right to withdraw from a distance contract does not apply to the following contracts::
- for service contracts, according to which the services are fully provided to the Buyer, if the Buyer's express consent and recognition that he will lose the right to withdraw from the contract when the Seller fully fulfils the contract was obtained before the provision of services;
- for contracts for goods manufactured according to the Buyer's special instructions, which are not pre-manufactured and which are manufactured in accordance with the Buyer's personal choice or instruction, or for goods that are clearly adapted to the Buyer's personal needs;
- for contracts for perishable goods or goods with a short shelf life;
- for contracts for packaged goods that have been unpacked after delivery and are unsuitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons;
- for contracts for goods which, due to their nature, are inseparably mixed with other items after delivery;
- for contracts for packaged video or audio or packaged software that has been unpacked after delivery;
- contracts for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, except for contracts for the subscription of these publications.
- The period for withdrawing from a distance contract specified in Clause 22 of the Rules expires after fourteen days: when a sales contract is concluded, from the day on which the Buyer-user or a person specified by the Buyer-user, excluding the carrier, receives the ordered product or: a) if the user has ordered more than one product in one order and the goods are delivered separately, from the day on which the consumer or a person designated by the consumer, other than the carrier, receives the last commodity; b) if the goods are delivered in different lots or parts, from the day on which the last lot or part is received by the consumer or a person designated by the consumer, other than the carrier; c) if a contract is concluded for the regular delivery of goods within a specified period, from the day on which the consumer or a person designated by the consumer, other than the carrier, receives the first commodity.
- The buyer-user informs the Seller about the cancellation of the distance contract: a) by submitting a properly completed model contract cancellation form. This form is approved by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania or its authorized institution; or (b) by making a clear statement setting out his decision to withdraw from the contract..
- The goods are returned to FJORD SALES after pre-arranging the time and address of the goods collection, or by delivering the goods to FJORD SALES physical stores. For the return of goods, apply in the section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „CONTACTS“ specified means of communication.
- Returned quality goods must be undamaged, have not lost their merchandise appearance (unremoved and undamaged labels, untorn protective film, etc.), consumer properties and cannot be used. The product must be returned in its original packaging, in the same set as the Buyer received, with the purchase document, warranty card (if issued), instructions for use and other product accessories. If the product is not fully assembled, damaged, untidy or not properly packed, FJORD SALES has the right not to accept the product and not to return the money paid by the Buyer for the product. The product will be considered properly packed if the product is returned in the undamaged packaging in which the product was delivered to the Buyer.
- The money to be paid for the goods accepted by the Buyer, but later refused and returned, is paid to the Buyer's account no later than 14 (fourteen) days from the date of receipt of the Buyer's notice of withdrawal from the contract.
- When returning high-quality goods that meet the Buyer's order, the Buyer will be refunded the delivery fee he paid for those goods. The delivery fee is refunded together with other amounts paid to the Buyer by FJORD SALES for the returned goods.
- Other Buyers (legal entities or natural persons entrepreneurs) may refuse the concluded contract on the grounds and procedure established by legal regulations.
IV. BUYER'S OBLIGATIONS
- The buyer, using the FJORD SALES e-shop, undertakes to comply with these Rules and not to violate the legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
- The buyer must accept the goods in accordance with the procedure established by these Rules and pay the agreed amount for them. If the buyer chooses to pay for the goods at the time of ordering them, the buyer must pay for the goods no later than 3 (three) days from the moment of placing the order.
- If the data provided in the Buyer's registration form changes, he must update it immediately.
- The buyer undertakes not to transfer his login data to third parties.
- If, during the delivery of the goods, the Buyer refuses to accept the goods for which the right to withdraw from the purchase and sale contract applies (exceptions are specified in Clause 23 of the Rules), it is considered that the Buyer has refused the purchase and sale contract and the Buyer must return the goods to the Seller in accordance with the procedure provided for in Chapter III of the Rules..
V. ORDER EXECUTION
- If the Buyer chooses to pay for the goods at the time of ordering them, the Seller has the right to cancel his order without prior notice to the Buyer, if the Buyer does not pay for the goods within 3 (three) days from the moment of placing the order.
- The fee specified on the FJORD SALES e-store website page applies to the delivery service „Delivery of goods“ and is applicable at the time of placing the order for the goods. FJORD SALES reserves the right not to apply a delivery fee if the order amount reaches and exceeds a certain order amount unilaterally determined by FJORD SALES.
- The delivery fee does not count towards the minimum order amount.
- The Seller will make every effort to fulfil the Buyer's order in full, but cannot and does not provide any guarantees. If there is no balance of the ordered product or a sufficient amount of it at the place of order completion, the Seller will contact the contacts specified by the Buyer and offer the best possible option. If the Seller fails to contact the Buyer, the Seller reserves the right not to deliver the goods, to deliver a smaller quantity of goods or to choose a product that is analogous to the product ordered by the Buyer or is as similar as possible in its characteristics. If the Buyer is not satisfied with the delivery of an order that is not of the full scope or completeness, the Buyer has the right to withdraw from the purchase and sale contract by notifying him in writing in the section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „CONTACTS“ by the specified means of communication at least 1 (one) working day in advance and if the Seller has not corrected the contractual violation specified by the Buyer before the expiration of the notice period. The return of goods and money for goods is carried out according to the procedure provided for in Chapter III of the Rules.
- If the price of a similar product selected by the Seller is lower than what the Buyer has paid, the difference between the paid and the actual price is paid to the Buyer's account no later than within 3 (three) working days from the delivery of the goods. If the price of a similar product is higher, the Buyer will no longer have to pay extra.
- If the Buyer is not satisfied with a similar product selected by the Seller, he can return this product to the Seller who delivered the goods at the time of delivery. The fact of the return is noted in the invoice, bill of lading or other document of acceptance of shipment transfer or return of goods (electronic devices are also considered a document)..
- If the Buyer has paid for the goods at the time of ordering them, the money for the goods paid by the Buyer, but not delivered by the Seller, as well as for similar goods returned by the Buyer during the delivery of the shipment, is paid to the Buyer's account within 3 (three) working days.
- The goods ordered by the Buyer are delivered to the address registered by the Buyer in the FJORD SALES e-store system.
- If it is not possible to deliver the ordered goods in one shipment, the Seller has the right to deliver the goods in several shipments.
- When the buyer chooses delivery of goods to medical or any other public institutions, other non-residential premises, the buyer undertakes to accept the order at the main entrance of the institution or building.
- In the event that the Buyer cannot be found at the delivery address specified by the Buyer in the FJORD SALES e-store system, the Seller has the right to issue the goods to any other person of full age or a person who has reached the required age at the specified address, and the Buyer has no right to make any claims to the Seller regarding the delivery of the goods to the wrong entity .
- If the delivery of the goods is impossible due to the fault of the Buyer or due to circumstances that depend on the Buyer (the Buyer specified an incorrect address when registering in the FJORD SALES e-store system, the Buyer cannot be found at the specified address), the goods are not sent again, and the purchase and sale agreement is considered terminated if the Seller records that the goods cannot be delivered delivered due to the Buyer's fault or due to circumstances beyond the Buyer's control (except for cases where the Buyer pays additionally for re-delivery of the goods), in which case the money paid in advance for the goods is returned after deducting the goods delivery fee. If a delivery fee discount was applied to the Buyer at the time of placing the order, but the delivery of the goods is not possible due to the Buyer's fault or due to circumstances beyond the Buyer's control, the Seller reserves the right to deduct from the amount of money to be returned to the Buyer the full delivery fee (valid at the time of placing the order), regardless of the order discounts applied at the time of submission..
- The Seller delivers the goods to the Buyer at the time (within the time limits) specified by the Seller. The Buyer agrees that in exceptional cases the delivery of the goods may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Seller, in which case the Seller undertakes to immediately contact the Buyer and coordinate the delivery of the goods. If the postponement of the delivery of the goods cannot be coordinated with the Buyer and the Seller delays the delivery of the goods for more than 1 (one) working day, the Buyer has the right to withdraw from the purchase and sale contract by notifying him in writing in the section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „CONTACTS“ by the specified means of communication at least 1 (one) working day in advance and if the Seller has not corrected the contractual violation specified by the Buyer before the expiration of the notice period. The return of goods and money for goods is carried out according to the procedure provided for in Chapter III of the Rules.
- In all cases, the Seller is released from responsibility for the violation of the terms of delivery of the goods, if the goods are not delivered to the Buyer or are delivered late due to the Buyer's fault or due to circumstances beyond the Buyer's control.
- During the delivery of the goods, the Buyer must together with the Seller (courier) check the condition of the shipment, the quantity of the goods, the external appearance and completeness of the goods. If the buyer does not check the condition of the shipment, the completeness of the delivered goods and/or does not record the data on the violations of the shipment in accordance with the procedure established in this point, the shipment is considered to have been delivered in good condition and undamaged. If the buyer signs the invoice (bill of lading) or other acceptance document of the shipment transfer (electronic devices are also considered as documents), it is considered that the shipment has been transferred in a suitable condition. Claims regarding the quantity of food and non-food items, the external appearance and completeness of the goods, and other immediately visible defects of the goods can be submitted no later than within 1 (one) working day from the day of receipt of the goods in the section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „CONTACTS“ by the indicated means of communication, and other claims regarding the quality of the goods are made within the warranty period established by legal acts or additionally provided by the manufacturer of the goods.
- After the inspection of the shipment, the goods are handed over to the Buyer only when the Buyer signs the consignment note, goods accompanying note or other acceptance document for the shipment transfer (electronic devices are also considered documents). If the Buyer is unable to sign electronic or other documents due to disability, illness or other reasons, another person or the Seller (or a person authorized by him) signs on his behalf, after the Buyer confirms the possibility of signing. If the Buyer does not sign the goods consignment note, the goods accompanying note or another acceptance document for the transfer of the shipment (including an electronic document), the goods are not transferred to the Buyer and the goods are not sent again (except in cases where the Buyer pays additionally for the repeated delivery of the goods), and the money paid in advance for the goods is returned after deducting the shipping and packing fee. In the event that a delivery fee discount was applied to the Buyer at the time of placing the order, the Seller reserves the right to deduct from the amount of money to be returned to the Buyer the full delivery fee (valid at the time of placing the order), regardless of the discounts applied at the time of placing the order.
- In cases where, during the acceptance of the goods, the Buyer notices that the shipment does not contain the right amount of goods or the goods provided do not correspond to the goods he ordered and this is not indicated in the invoice, waybill, goods accompanying note or other acceptance document of the transfer of the shipment, the Buyer must immediately (at the time of delivery of the goods) inform the Seller about it. When the Buyer determines that the delivered goods are of inadequate quality, he does not accept the poor-quality goods and must return them to the courier, and note the fact and the reason for the return of the goods in the invoice, waybill or other document of acceptance of the shipment transfer or return of the goods.
VI. PRICES OF GOODS, PAYMENT PROCEDURE AND TERMS
- Product prices in the FJORD SALES e-shop are indicated in euros (EUR). All prices are inclusive of any type of value added or other taxes. The goods are sold at the prices valid at the time of placing the order. Bank charges may apply depending on the bank whose services the Buyer uses.
- If the price of the product in the FJORD SALES e-store and the FJORD SALES physical store differs at the time of placing the order, the FJORD SALES e-store price applies. If the price of the product in the FJORD SALES e-store and the price indicated on the product packaging are different, the FJORD SALES e-store price applies. Promotions and other marketing campaigns in the FJORD SALES e-store and FJORD SALES physical stores may differ.
- The Buyer can pay for the order formed only using the payment methods specified in the FJORD SALES e-store in the payment methods menu (section of the FJORD SALES e-store website „METHODS OF PAYMENT“. It is necessary to pay for the goods before the transfer - acceptance of the goods.
VII. GUARANTEE OF GOOD QUALITY AND TERM OF SUITABILITY FOR USE
- Inappropriate quality non-perishable goods or quality goods, the shape, size, colour, model or completeness of which the Buyer does not like, are exchanged or returned in accordance with the 2001 June 11 By the resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania no. 697 of the approved Retail Trade Rules, the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania and other valid legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
- If the Buyer is not satisfied with the quality of the delivered perishable goods, and such goods are food and beverages with a short shelf life, including those products that must be kept in a refrigerator according to the temperature regime set by the manufacturer, he must contact the Seller no later than within 72 hours from the delivery of the goods by e-mail. by mail:email@example.com or by phone: +370 (646) 03273. When submitting a claim for defective goods, the buyer must also submit a photo of the defective goods received.
- The main features of each product sold by FJORD SALES are indicated in the product description attached to that product.
- The seller is not responsible for the fact that the colour, shape or other parameters of the goods in the FJORD SALES e-store do not correspond to the actual size, shape and colour of the goods due to the characteristics of the display used by the Buyer or other technical reasons beyond the control of Fjord Sales, as well as taking into account reasonable possible discrepancies in appearance .
- In the event that an additional guarantee of the quality of items is not provided for certain types of goods, the guarantee of the quality of the goods is valid according to the law.
- The Seller undertakes to sell the goods to the Buyer in such a way that he is given a real opportunity to use such goods until the end of the shelf life. In the case of particularly short warranty periods, the products in the FJORD SALES e-store are marked with a special warning sign.
- The seller confirms that he is responsible for the sale of the goods ordered in the FJORD SALES e-store and the proper delivery of the purchased goods, the quality of the goods, the proper fulfilment of the return conditions and the implementation of other rights and obligations of the seller provided for in legal acts.
- If the Buyer applies later than the specified deadline and/or does not provide a photo of the product, the Seller does not undertake to resolve the Buyer's complaint in favour of the Buyer.
VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
- These Rules are drawn up in accordance with the legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Relations arising on the basis of these Rules shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Lithuania.
- In the event of damage, the guilty party compensates the injured party for reasonable losses in accordance with the procedure and grounds established by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
- All disagreements arising from the implementation of these Rules shall be resolved through negotiations. If an agreement cannot be reached, disputes are resolved in accordance with the procedure established by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Every Buyer-user has the opportunity to resolve disputes with FJORD SALES electronically, without going to court. First of all, the user must contact FJORD SALES in writing, and within 14 days of receiving the claim, if FJORD SALES does not respond to the user's claim, or if the user's claim is not satisfied, the user can apply to an entity dealing with consumer disputes out of court, i.e. The State Service for the Protection of Consumer Rights (Vilnius, Vilniaus str. 25, e-mail p. firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 852626751, website vvtat.lt), or to its territorial units in the counties, or to fill out the application form on the Electronic Consumer Dispute Resolution (EGS) platformhttp://ec.europa.eu/odr), created by the European Commission in the implementation of European Parliament and Council Directive no. 2013/11/EU on alternative consumer dispute resolution (ADR) and European Parliament and Council Regulation no. 524/2013 on electronic resolution of consumer disputes).
Our company was established in 2004.